Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It takes a village and an online community of friends!

As a little girl, did you have a dream when you grew up?
Were you going to be the first in your family to go to college?
Were you going to grow up to be Miss America?
Were you going to marry prince charming?
Were you going to have a beautiful family?
Were you going to travel the world?

Well, I did. I had all those same dreams. And, the best part is, by God's grace, I've actually gotten to see many of those dreams come true.
Another dream I had was to make a difference in the world in a big way and to become a published author. While I have published a few small things-many magazine articles, tons of newspaper articles, a cookbook, and a couple of childrens books as a freelance writer, I haven't yet reached my dream to be an author. But, I'm working on that. The best part is, you can come along with me on my journey and help me become a published writer who really makes a difference in people's lives.

You see, traditional writing doesn't pay much, unless you happen to have a one-hit wonder, but writer's somehow are satisfied with the impact they make on reader's lives. For me, I have a message to share that will make a huge difference in people's live. It's a book that will encourage readers to unpack their dream and come along on a journey of faith. It's a book that contains the truth and will have a lasting impact. It's a book with a message that can keep Christians from falling asleep in their faith or from being easily lured into the traps of this new age.

My dream to become a published writer has its road blocks.
Traditional publishing can take months to two years to bring a book to bookstore shelves. And, gaining a publisher's interest is sometimes a difficult challenge.
I have a message that just can't wait. I have a dream that just can't be contained. You can actually help.

I'm just a typical Girl Next Door. I've had successes and failures, strife and joy.
Even in my forties, I am asking still "What do I want to be when I grow up?" I wonder if the majority of people are ever able to clearly articulate this and then make that happen? Kudos to those who do-the teachers, pilots, doctors and nurses. Us creative types don't fit so easily into a title and others simply get off course raising families and responding to life.

I still hold onto many dreams, hoping they'll come true. I want to be a published author, but no time more than now. You see, having earned several college degrees (a bachelor's and two master's), I asked God, what it is He wanted me to be when I grew up and He answered with a lightning bolt moment one day in the bookstore.
A writer! He wants me to be a writer, but of course.
But, it took two more years of sending resumes and praying to realize God was serious about my vocation and patient while I worked through the details.

Again one day, in the middle of bible study, He sent a lightning bolt moment with the Holy Spirit to motivate me and told me to write a book NOW!

Having recorded all the grace He shows me in journals, I reviewed the many times I would pray and He would answer me in scripture and grace. I realized God had been whispering to me in my daily walk of life for a long time. So, I set out to write a book called God Whispers. It was nearly finished in its roughest first draft in November when God opened my eyes to an international bestseller on the shelves at bookstores everywhere. It was then I realized, I was being called to write a Christian response to this book that was taking readers by storm, but away from God.

I realized then that readers needed a book option filled with truth. I realized then that God had positioned me to write a book called Eat, Love, Praise Him.

My dream of becoming a published author who makes a real difference is possibly just around the corner. But greater than my dream is my desire to live for Him and bring glory to His name. My desire is to help others know Him and see His love and grace in their lives.

All I have to do is show up for the job of writing and blogging because there is no way that I can write a book on my own merit and have it published with quick turn around while readers are in need of the truth right now. But, with a little help from my friends, God's grace, and the right publisher, all things are possible.

I hope you will take part in my dream and ask your moms and sisters and best friends and face book friends to spread the message about my book Eat, Love, Praise Him, and to link in and follow my blog (www.eatlovepraise.blogspot.com). The more readers, the more credibility for a publishing house, and the greater their interest to invest in my book. I thank you for following my blog and for showing your support.

It takes one or two minutes and a few clicks of the mouse to follow me and spread the word-viral marketing is the quickest way to get the word out. And, you have the power to do that. A grass roots gathering could help me gain readership and momentum and locate the right Christian publisher even before the movie releases on Friday!

Who knows, helping me achieve my dream could give you reason to pause and consider your dream. How is God calling you? What does He have dreamed for you?

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, To prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

Look for the press release as my next blog posting.
Pass my blog link around (www.eatlovepraise.blogspot.com)
And, look for my book, Eat, Love, Praise Him on bookshelves everywhere you find Eat, Pray, Love. (Praying its on shelves by Easter 2011).

I want readers to have an option for truth, so they can take a stand for truth and know the one true God.

No comments:

Post a Comment